Managing Director International at carsales.com Ltd (ASX: CAR)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Over 30 years of technology based experience and over 20 years of online classifieds executive experience, including business startup, strategy, corporate development, software development, product development and business operations.
A member of the carsales.com Executive Leadership Team and currently responsible for carsales.com’s international expansion strategy and online business operations in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, South Korea and Brazil.
Previously held a number of executive roles in the online classifieds industry since 1997 including co-founding a data aggregation and web services business servicing some of the largest media players in Australia, the UK and NZ.
Current carsales.com Appointments
Director at the following companies: encar.com (Seoul, South Korea); webmotors.com.br (Sao Paulo, Brazil, JV with Banco Santander Brasil), chileautos.cl (Santiago, Chile); demotores.com (Buenos Aires, Argentina); soloautos.mx (Guadalajara, Mexico); tyresales.com.au (Melbourne, Australia, JV with local partner)
**All views are my own and not those of carsales.com Ltd
Professional History Overview
- Started as a Trainee Computer Operator at Idaps Australia straight out of school
- Moved into software development with Reynolds & Reynolds Pty Ltd in October 1988 and in 1994 developed a parts locating, ordering & invoicing service over a private network, then used the technology to seamlessly upload inventory to the Internet – carsales.com.au
- Co-Founded an online technology and web services company, Digital Motorworks Pty Ltd, in 1999 and in 2001 oversaw the company being acquired by Digital Motorworks Inc. (Austin, Texas) and consequently ADP Inc. CEO & Managing Director post-acquisition from July 2003 through May 2009 – CAGR for Revenue was 31% and EBITDA 24% (FY04 through FY08) providing services to Australia, NZ & UK’s largest online media players and over 1,700 SME’s
- Co-Acquired Detector Loop Services Pty Ltd in August 2005 which installs & maintains the road sensors for traffic lights, speed cameras, etc – Non-Executive Director and joint major shareholder
- Commenced at carsales.com Ltd in June 2009 and oversaw the development of LiveMarket, the complete inventory management product for dealers including pricing, appraising & stocking
- Currently a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) as Managing Director International overseeing the carsales.com global expansion and operations in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Brazil and South Korea
- Joined the Board of Australia’s largest Australian Rules Football & Netball competition (by registered teams/players), the Eastern Football Netball League, in April 2016